It’s official! Telemarketing is here to stay in 2017 and beyond. This is because, even at the time when approximately 50 million Americans have enrolled their names on the ‘Do Not Call’ registry, telemarketing remains as one of the most effective forms of marketing in the country, says a recent survey. Still are you not convinced with the prowess of telemarketing? Consider these facts, which highlights the signifies of telemarketing in the industry-
1. Telemarketing is multipurpose and it works with both ‘cold’ and ‘warm’ customer lists: You can either use it to acquire new customers, or opt to use it as a means to process leads and close deals with customers you’ve already contacted.
2. It is direct and provides immediate return on investment: You can get instantaneous results regardless of your objective and the ability to essentially generate immediate sales.
3. It is human: Unlike most other advertising channels, telemarketing gives you an opportunity to listen as well as talk and tailor your message to reach individual customers.
4. It acts as a force multiplier and increases the effectiveness of other marketing efforts: This is particularly true with regards to email marketing. By using telemarketing before direct mail, you can effectively recognize prospective customers and weed out unsuitable contacts. And by using it after direct mail, you can vastly increase response rates and capitalize on the interest.
5. It gives you an opportunity to learn about the target audience: Using telemarketing you can gain critical insights about the target audience, which goes a long way in filling in the gaps in your knowledge about prospects or getting a read on the state of the marketplace.
6. It is extremely measurable and flexible: Every telemarketing call that you make provides an inventory of data that helps you to determine how accurate your contact data is, how effective your sales team are or what percentage of people are showing positive response to your marketing campaigns. All this gives you an opportunity to refine your process and make effective changes.
As much as crazy we are about telemarketing, there is no denying the fact that telemarketing comes with its own set of overheads. Increased costs and the need for constant enhancements in proficiency and infrastructure are some of the major hindrance that can cripple even the most established player in the industry. And one of the most effective ways in which you can overcome this drawback is by outsourcing telemarketing services to a reliable service provider.