12 Statistics Shaping the Future of Customer Service
Change is a norm in every field and the world of customer service is no exception. If you think that you are delivering outstanding customer service now, the truth is that in the world of ever changing customer expectations, what seems satisfactory today might simply be obsolete within a matter of few months. With this in mind we have put together a list of customer support service statistics that will help you to understand what the customer expectations would be in the future and realign your strategies to stay ahead of the curve in the industry.
- 62% of global consumers have stopped doing business with a brand or organization due to a poor customer service experience — Global State of Multichannel Customer Service Report
- 60% of consumers have higher expectations for customer service now than they did just one year ago — Global State of Multichannel Customer Service Report
- 76% of consumers say they view customer service as the true test of how much a company values them — Aspect Consumer Experience Survey
- 47% of consumers say that a fast response to an inquiry or complaint is the key element to an idea customer experience — Economist Intelligence Unit Creating a Seamless Customer Experience Report
- 63% of executives say silos within the organization and a lack of integrated information systems are the two biggest obstacles standing in the way of improving the customer experience — Economist Intelligence Unit Creating a Seamless Customer Experience Report
- 45% of consumers say a lack of interest in customer satisfaction is the biggest obstacle preventing companies from providing ideal customer experience — Economist Intelligence Unit Creating a Seamless Customer Experience Report
- 25% businesses believe that achieving omni-channel capabilities will be a priority in 2017 and beyond — Call Center IQ Executive Report
- 90% of consumers now expect a brand or organization to offer a self-service customer support portal, and 60% of consumers have a more favorable view of the brand if their self-service offering is mobile-responsive — Global State of Multichannel Customer Service Report
- 75% of companies view customer service as a competitive differentiator — Dimension Data Global Contact Centre Benchmarking Report
- 80% of businesses opine that their current customer service systems won’t meet future needs — Dimension Data Global Contact Centre Benchmarking Report
- By 2018, 50% of agent interactions will be influenced by real-time analytics — Gartner
- 53% of customer service professionals say analytics will reshape the customer service industry most in the next five years — Dimension Data Global Contact Centre Benchmarking Report
- By 2018, 25% of customer service and support operations will integrate virtual customer assistant (VCA) technology across all engagement channels — Gartner
The future is coming. Are you ready?